Jump to content

- - - - -

US Pokemon Championship Cloyster [BW B2W2 Event]

Today the official US Pokemon website has announced that a special Cloyster will be distributed at the winter regionals.

The winter regional championships will take place in the following locations on the 20th of January, 2013:

Long Beach, California
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
St. Charles, Missouri
Salem, Oregon
Sandston, Virginia

This Cloyster will be modelled after the one that Abram Burrors used to win the 2012 Pokemon Video Game World Championships.

It is believed that the Cloyster Abram used consisted of the following:

Abram's Cloyster

Posted Image

Name: Cloyster
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Naughty | Ability: Skill Link
Move Set: Icicle Spear | Rock Blast | Hidden Power | Razor Shell
IVs: 31/31/30/30/31/31
Level: 50
I know we have a lot of members from the united states, so if any of you are attending this event then please try your best to snap up some pictures for the site!

Source:

23 Comments

Wow, this event is awesome! Always wanted to fight with a real Cloyster :D Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these.
St. Charles is about 4 hours straight-south of KT and I... hmm. I didn't realize it would be so close, lol. We'll look into it, Mystry. :)
Nice event! I'd really like to have one of those. Is anyone going there to get it yourself? If so, I'd trade much for it.
I still can't believe there isn't one closer to me since Nintendo of America is like a half hour drive away. What gives Nintendoooo :'( Oh well, I already have my RNGed cloyster anyway. It's interesting that he decided to not have Shell Smash and use a Choice Scarf instead.

View PostGoldenMagikarp, on 13 January 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Yup, KiltedTrainer and I are for sure going to St. Charles. :)

If anyone else is going, look for the ginger in a kilt and combat boots.
I'm hoping and assuming that, though this event will have a set nature, that the IVs are different.  I would be surprised if they set the IVs on it, except maybe do like they did with the PC strongest singles pokemon which had 1 set IV.  Either way, when Wolveram and I go, we'll be able to get anywhere between 2-4 different cloyster if the IVs aren't set.  :D
I wish I could go and see KT in a kilt. I'm kinda imagining Fat Bastard from Austin Powers without the fat lol. If you play the bagpipes, please record a video for us to watch or take photos with or without it :)

View PostWolveram, on 15 January 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Yup, KiltedTrainer and I are for sure going to St. Charles. :)

If anyone else is going, look for the ginger in a kilt and combat boots.

Awesome! Let me know if you want to trade something for the Cloyster. I'll trade alot for it (especially since it will be from the OT) :)
Any info in whether or not the OT will change depending on the distribution place?

View Postnoelinthegarden, on 15 January 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

In Doubles is hard enough to set up Shell Smash, and he could probably bluff using Shell Smash because most people only use Cloyster for that propose.
Looks like an awesome event! Too bad it's too far away!!!

DevaGolgotha
Jan 19 2013 01:56 PM
Meh: the tournament itself pisses me off, considering half of the participants are basically the brain-product of older siblings/parents trying to win all the pokemon tornaments in the damn world.  The Cloyster's neat, though.
KiltedTrainer and I just got back from Missouri. Regionals was really fun to watch, even if we didn't participate. :) We took lots of pics and talked to a few people, so KT and I hope to make a blog article about it or something soon. ^_^

We also got a Cloyster for each of our Gen V games, with a total of 4. I traded some stuff for a full-art Cheren card and KT picked up some Darkrai card sleeves; we could have spent A LOT more, but we resisted... lol.

I should also add: we took the country roads down to Missouri and traveled through historic St. Charles, and into St. Louis. I got a lot of cool pics of that too (I know it doesn't pertain to Pokemon, but whatevs).
I have to admit though.. it was painful hearing so many people say the following about this Cloyster: "I am going to start EV training this RIGHT NOW!" >.<

Anyway, we're going to tell you all more when we write up the day's experiences and get pictures ready.  It was a good place to be, did some shopping, swapping, and talking, but I must admit, as non-participants we weren't really able to do much.

DevaGolgotha
Jan 22 2013 04:14 AM

View PostKiltedTrainer, on 21 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Wait, does it have Abram's IVs and EVs, or is it untouched with random IVs?

View PostDevaGolgotha, on 22 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Wait, does it have Abram's IVs and EVs, or is it untouched with random IVs?

These have Random IVs.  I will be attempting to RNG one of my 2 to have Abram's IVs as Mystry reported them in the first post here.  The other I think I will be leaving un-RNG'd or at least Random IVs other than the useful ones.

DevaGolgotha
Jan 22 2013 08:01 AM

View PostKiltedTrainer, on 22 January 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Oh.  Well, I suppose that's so flawless Cloysters don't become effortless commodities in the metagame.

View PostDevaGolgotha, on 22 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Yeah, granted, it's a very easy RNG. :P

DevaGolgotha
Jan 23 2013 07:31 AM

View PostKiltedTrainer, on 22 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yeah, granted, it's a very easy RNG. :P

True enough.  What, you RNG on the delivery man, or...?

View PostDevaGolgotha, on 23 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

True enough.  What, you RNG on the delivery man, or...?
yep
Before you pick it up
I RNGed my one Cloyster in Black Version, and KT RNGed the one in his White version (and he's squirrely enough to try and RNG the one in White 2 as well. Dang).

I really wanted to do something different with an event-RNG this time. I almost decided to RNG the IVs to be my ID number in Black (oh yes, I found seeds for it in PPRNG): 00/00/06/00/09/08. But then I decided I don't want to watch the world burn that much. So I did this instead:

Wolveram's RNGed Abram's Cloyster
IVs: 31/29/23/19/17/13 (HP Dark 43)

(when you see it)

I must have a dry sense of humor.

Also, working on the blog article about Regionals. KiltedTrainer or I will post it once we are done throwing it back and forth and adding more stuff. Perhaps it shall be online tonight or on Saturday?

View PostWolveram, on 26 January 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Wolveram's RNGed Abram's Cloyster
IVs: 31/29/23/19/17/13 (HP Dark 43)

(when you see it)

I must have a dry sense of humor.

I don't get it...

View Postpoutwuw, on 26 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I don't get it...

The IVs and Hidden Power are all prime numbers! :D

31/29/23/19/17/13, HP Dark 43

*chirping crickets*

View PostWolveram, on 26 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

The IVs and Hidden Power are all prime numbers! :D

31/29/23/19/17/13, HP Dark 43

*chirping crickets*
I see now, I was expecting the numbers from Lost or something lol
or Sign In

© Pokemon Plus 2011 - 2013. All rights reserved. Pokemon is © of Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. 1995 - 2013.
Community Software by IP. Board.